Thursday, October 25, 2007

Vanity and Information Blogs!!!

-As I expected it was very easy to find both an Information and vanity blog. The vanity blog I found was on this website http://www.rajivdoshi.com/. It was basically a diary for this certain individual. He was speeking about different situations going on in his life. From his day-to-day routine to his goals it was all on there. The information blog I found was on this website http://www.mariosalexandrou.com/blog/. This blog was an individual also, commenting on different topics going on in the technology world. From ecommerece, to computer software it was all there.
-I was suprised to find how similar these two blogs were. Both blogs were created, in my opinion, to give information. Which in the research I have done so far I feel all blogs are created to give information. The vanity blog was created to give information about the individual who created it. It was a simple documentation of what was going on step-by-step in that individual's life. The Information blog was also created to give information. It gave information about certain technology topics. However, I felt both blogs had a huge bias. Of course, in the vanity blog its very personal and is gonna have bias. In the Information blog there was also a bias from the creater. Their opinion was clearly stated (to me) in the information they were giving.
-In my reasearch of these two types of blogs I feel information blogs are the only type of these two that I would consider relevant. Vanity blogs are diaries for anyone to look at. I don't feel that vanity blogs could really benefit anyone besides the creator. I feel that the information blogs may be a good resource in the setting. The information blog I researched had good information but also had a clear bias. I feel a good information blog would be strictly informative its right there in the name.
-I feel the research material I found somewhat did not support my original thesis statement. I still believe blogs can be very useful in the right circumstance.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Ryan, I agree with you, reading the vanity blog felt a lot like reading someone's diary. I was able to learn so much about the blogger just from looking through her blog.

Joanie said...

I agree with you Ryan. Vanity blogs seem a little personal for my taste. And I agree that there are some very good information blogs as well.